Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The High Heels Series by Gemma Halliday


I have read the first two books in this series; Spying in High Heels and Killer in Heels. Both books were fun, easy reads, and kept me interested from start to finish. I though they were a bit long, but otherwise, really enjoyed both of them. The premise for this series, is a completely average shoe designer gets caught up in the middle of different murders, partly by accident but mostly because she can't let anything go. She is fun and quirky and definitely a little nuts, but very likable. She meets a very charismatic policeman and their attempt at a relationship plays into each story. They have a lot of heat between them, and eventually there is implied sex, but no explicit love scenes.

The thing I loved about these books is I could totally see Katherine Heigl or Drew Barrymore playing the lead character in a romantic comedy movie based on the books. Her best friend would be someone like Cameron Diaz and the cop would be any really hunky Hollywood actor who could pull of a slight Spanish accent. 

I haven't decided if I'm going to read the 3rd book in the series. While I enjoyed the first two, I am worried that the 3rd will be a little too predictable. My best friend already downloaded it to her Nook though, so I may ask her to "lend" it to me. I guess I'll let you know! :) 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...