Monday, November 15, 2010

Postcard Killers by James Patterson

The Postcard Killers (Large Print)



Ok, I'm a convert. I see why everyone who read James Patterson reads all of his stuff! His writing just flows so well. His chapters are so short that I find myself saying, "Ok, just one more chapter, and then I'll put it down." That one chapter leads to another hour of reading. It's so hard to stop!

This is the first murder mystery novel of his that I've read and I was a little take aback by the gory picture that he painted for the first killing. I don't know what I was expecting, but I wasn't ready for it. And in hindsight, it wasn't even that bad! Fortunately, he didn't describe each murder in detail.

The other thing I didn't expect was a sex scene. Again, I'm not sure why I didn't expect that, but I didn't. I was thrilled though. As a woman, I appreciate a good sex scene in a book! The scene in this book was short, and not super erotic, but it fit the story and the characters.

Overall, this was a great book! I read it in 2 days because of my inability to put it down! I read it while my 2 year old watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse during the day, and when my husband was watching football at night! Now I have to pick out the next James Patterson book that I'm going to read. My husband has plenty to choose from, so I don't even need to leave the house! He swears by the Alex Cross books, so maybe that will be a good place to start!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I really liked this book, too! The murders weren't overly gory, but they had enough of an edge to make you realize that the twins were worse than they seemed. The sex scenes were well-written, and not at all offensive.

I've read one of the Alex Cross books, out of order because it was the only other Patterson we had in the house. It was Cross, I think. I liked it, but didn't enjoy the plot as much as the Postcard Killers. It was a bit predictable.

Other than that, I've read Worst Case, which was a little frightening when you compared it to reality. I really loved this book, though. There was not a single empty corner in the plot (except for one strange scene where Bennett and Emily get drunk), and it has been my favorite so far.

The last one was swimsuit. I started reading it, but felt terribly guilty after the beach sex scene (tiny, really), and had to put it down. I'm just a teenager, you know. My mom would have killed me had she known I'd read it.

Happy reading!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...