Monday, November 15, 2010

Dead Until Dark

This is the first book in the Sookie Stackhouse series. I've already watched season 1 of True Blood which was loosely based on this book. I think it was actually pretty close to the book with a few character exceptions, and of course the sex scenes that were added for the TV audience.

I started reading this book long before I had watched even one episode of True Blood. For some reason I wasn't immediately taken in. It sat in my room for months, untouched. This time I was determined, and actually excited to read it. I really enjoyed it, and didn't put it down much for a few days!  I now see why everyone reads the whole series. The books aren't complete in and of themselves. They lead you to the next one with a non-ending. So now I'm waiting not-so-patiently until I can get a hold of the next book in the series. I don't even know what it's called, but I'm sure my best friend still has a copy!

On a side note, I don't know what it is about vampires, but I am hooked! I have read the entire Twilight Saga, and now I'm getting into this series. I watch The Vampire Diaries and True Blood on TV, and I own Twilight and New Moon on DVD. Seriously...it's getting a bit excessive. My husband makes fun of me, but I don't care! It's not like I'm the only one. Most of my friends are the same way! We're even making plans to get Eclipse on DVD at Midnight on December 4th.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...