Monday, September 20, 2010

I did it!

I read 2 entire books in 2 weeks, and found the time to blog about it! That may not sound like much, especially since I'm committed to reading 52 books in 52 weeks, but it is a huge accomplishment for me to just get through the first 2! I can't tell you how long it's been since I've read so much in such a short time. I have 3 kids and I work part-time, so it's not easy to find time to read. I was able to finish The Doctor's Wife this weekend, while relaxing here:
Near Boone, North Carolina
We took a mini-vacation with some friends to the North Carolina mountains where we enjoyed the crisp air, a great view and good company! It was just what we all needed.  I had a big comfy chair and more down time than I would have had at home, so I took advantage of it! Not only did I finish The Doctor's Wife, but I was able to get started on another book!

This week I had planned on reading The Host by Stephanie Meyer. I've read the Twilight Saga that she wrote, and enjoyed them immensely. This one looks quite different, but after reading the first few chapters in the mountain, I'm intrigued! Unfortunately, due to our trip and some other commitments that I have this week, I don't think I have time to read such a lengthy book (Why does she write such long books?).  So I've decided to go with Sam's Letters to Jennifer by James Patterson. It's a book my husband bought me after I read Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas a few years ago. He reads a lot of James Patterson novels, so when I showed some interest, he was supportive!

So this week it's Sam's Letters to Jennifer.  I already took it off the shelf and dusted it off, and we are ready to go! Hopefully I'll get to The Host next week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...