Tuesday, September 7, 2010

52 Books: I’m not the only one

When I started this blog at 2am on a Monday, I didn't have the wherewithal or the forethought to Google the name that I had chosen to find out just how many other people are doing exactly what I'm doing. Apparently, there are a TON of people who have taken the '52 books in 52 weeks' challenge. I'm not sure where the challenge originated, and I don't really care, but I find it fascinating to read why others have chosen to take the challenge. It seems that many of the blogs dedicated to this challenge are set up to review the books themselves. I am definitely no competition there! I'm not sure how many of these writers are trying to make a name for themselves, or how many are searching for the balance that I seek. The problem is that I don't want to read too many of their entries, because I don't want to be influenced. I don't want to read a book because I liked someone's synopsis, or their reaction to the book. Similarly, I don't want to not read a book based on someone else's reaction to it.

So I am going to pretend that this is an original concept and there aren't hundreds of people all over the world doing precisely what I'm doing at this very moment. After all, they don't have the same frame of reference that I do. They hopefully don't have the same take on life either, making my blog interesting for what it offers that other do not. I will perhaps browse those other blogs when I have finished my journey, but I will resist for now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...